Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Workdesk Today

Well , it has been a while  since I've posted on WWW. So I thought I would share with those of you who are sharing your work desk today.I have two projects I am working on :  (1)Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage from Crabapple Hill Studio. (2) Fairy Doll

A Halloween Quilt


Pattern


To share with you honestly I am not a quilter, but this one intrigued me and gave me a challenge. I like the design because each block has a little piece work and design. Once the design is traced on then you color with crayons, heat set and then embroidery the outline of the design. I am getting excited about the way it is turning out so far.

My fairy doll below is something I have been wanted to try for awhile. I visited the local library for the book that I used the pattern from but failed to snap of shot of the cover for you. 


 I will share a little about her, in the background you see the wings, made from water soluble paper, I traced the design and then sewed around it with mutli colored thread. When to my liking of the thickness of thread I then trim,wet and pat dry the wings, this was fun, to see how this product works.For the body and legs I used a light weight almost like canvas material and and sprayed with Tye Dye colors.I like the way the mixture blended. I found  an old pair of stockings (washed of course) that I am planning on using for the hair and some clothing.
Her face I drew  on and then painted the facial features. Enough from my desk and I am curious,so I am off to visit Stamping Ground to see what others are doing on their desks. Enjoy the day.

Create & Inspire,
Harriet

8 comments:

  1. Love your quilt - used to quilt a lot 6 or 7 years ago then got bogged down when they were taking me weeks to finish & ran out of beds to put them on !! But that design is very tempting !! Love the colours in your art doll too ! Do share when she is all finished ! Ali #53

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harriet - you are right this does seem like an interesting quilt project. It looks like it is going to be a lot of work too. Fab fairy wings. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks like it's got a great start. It sounds like an interesting project. And the doll is going to be awesome too. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a no reply email so I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you coming by and this is what I replied at my blog...
    Big Smile. Thanks Harriet. I love looking at life from a different perspective. Lucky daughter you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great post full of inspiration! I used to quilt but found that I got too caught up in what I was making and would sit up into the night trying to finish things. My main crafting passion is cardmaking now but seeing your post has made me think loningly about fat quarters and quilting hoops again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Harriet, you go the extra mile with your hobby, huh! Drawing, colouring, stitching..what fantastic labours of love these are. Love the angel doll face, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you have 2 fabulous projects in the making I see, I want to see how both turn out! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)#50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh - I LOVE that quilt! I'm no quilter, but I'm a bit witchy-poo so the subject looks such fun!

    Morti #58

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting projects - very creative! I'm very late I'm afraid, but trying to make up for past hopelessness in visiting blogs for WOYWW and trying to visit everyone this week! Getting near the end of the list now and hoping to complete it before the next one lol!

    So - a very belated happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

My Workdesk Today

Well , it has been a while  since I've posted on WWW. So I thought I would share with those of you who are sharing your work desk today...